Accessibility Tools

  • Content scaling 100%
  • Font size 100%
  • Line height 100%
  • Letter spacing 100%


on .

If you are unhappy with any service you have received from the NHS, in the first instance speak to the person in charge of the service you are concerned or unhappy about or you can contact the commissioner (purchaser) of the service. Follow the link to the North Staffordshire CCG complaints process.

We welcome all your feedback and if you don't want to complain you can still let us know about your experience or concern by contacting Patient Advice and Liaison Service.

We can learn from your experience to help improve services.

How do I make a complaint?

Please contact us via any of the methods below and we will happy to help.

Freephone: 0808 196 8861

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Online: Complaints Feedback Form

Any information you give us will be treated as strictly confidential. We may need to collect personal information from you in order to provide the best possible service. However, we will not give your personal details to anyone without your consent.

Will I be treated fairly?

We understand that some people worry whether their treatment will be adversely affected because they have raised a complaint. Please do not worry about this. We also appreciate that those using the services we commission have different needs and we want to make sure that you do not face any unnecessary barriers to raising a complaint. Staff will be happy to discuss this with you to ensure that you are not disadvantaged in any way.

When should I make a complaint?

You should raise your complaint as soon as possible and within twelve months of you becoming aware of an issue. We appreciate that this is not always possible. Therefore, if this time period has passed, we would still like you to speak to us.

How will you deal with my complaint?

We will contact you within three working days of getting your complaint. We will then agree with you how we will look into your complaint and what you can expect. We will also propose a timescale for the completion of the investigation and resolution. After your complaint has been thoroughly investigated, we will send you a full written response from our Clinical Accountable Officer.

I need help to make my complaint, who do I contact?

If would like help and support making your complaint including help with writing your letter, you can contact the Total Voice Staffordshire NHS Complaints Advocacy. The service provides free, confidential and independent support and information about the NHS complaints procedure to people who live in Staffordshire (excluding the city of Stoke on Trent).

Find out more about the service by contacting Total Voice Staffordshire:

Freephone: 01785 336387
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Post: Total Voice Staffordshire, The Northfield Centre, Magnolia Avenue, Stafford ST16 3DU

If you live within the city of Stoke-on-Trent, you can access advocacy support by contacting Asist:

Telephone Helpline: 01782 845584
EmailThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

What if I am unhappy with the way in which the NHS has handled my complaint?

Asist has three offices throughout Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. Please note that our offices are administrative and do not provide a drop-in service. If you need an advocate, or wish to make a referral, please contact us by phone, email or post using the details below:

Stoke-on-Trent (Head Office)

Asist, Winton House, Stoke Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2RW

Telephone: 01782 845584 | Fax: 01782 746647 | Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Or text 60777 and start your message with Asist

Contact for: Care Act Advocacy | Parents Advocacy | Ethnic and Minority Group Advocacy in Stoke | Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy Service (Stoke) | Independent Mental Health Advocacy Service (Stoke) | NHS Complaints Advocacy (Stoke) | Administration | Training Services